The Danish Home, founded in 1891 in the Danish tradition of caring for its elderly, is a not-for-profit organization, privately financed and endowed, providing a comfortable, dignified community for the elderly.
The Danish Home offers a cheerful and secure way of life you’ll settle into right away. Recently upgraded, we offer comfortable studios and two-room suites with:
- private bathrooms
- individual thermostats, so you can select the temperature you prefer
- pull cords and pendants to quickly summon emergency assistance
- contemporary decorating schemes
- a private phone line and wireless Internet service to keep you in touch with friends and family
- cable T.V.
In the fitness room, a personal trainer will assist you in using the equipment or designing a routine that will benefit you. Walking—indoors in protected hallways, or outdoors in the beautiful garden—is another convenient way to stay in shape. Nine brisk laps around the garden sidewalk make a mile!
From housekeeping to hairdressing and shopping, you may take advantage of a wide range of conveniences:
- Weekly, your apartment will be cleaned, bed and bath linen will be changed.
- Our maintenance staff is ready to help you with repairs, arrange furniture and hang up pictures.
- The housekeeping staff will do your laundry, or you may care for your own clothes in the convenient laundry room.
- Housekeeping will drop off and pick up dry cleaning and help mend clothing. A seamstress visits frequently for alterations and repairs.
- Once a week, the beauty shop offers permanent waves, washes and sets, and haircuts for men and women.
- The business office can handle your mail, arrange a cab, or set up a small inhouse “bank account” you can access as needed for incidentals.
- The convenience store offers basic toiletries, greeting cards, gifts, and Danish crafts and accessories. Staff can help fulfill other special orders.
- A guest room is available for out-of-town visitors.